It's time for that roundup post y'all. Firstly, I want to thank all my wonderful readers, whom without you all, I wouldn't have gotten some amazing opportunities through my blog this year. In some way I feel connected to you all who tweet me, and I see myself in some of the amazing young women who have reached out as a result of my blog. Y'ALL ROCK! Thank you always for your positive encouragement <3 Thank you for being on this wild ride with me, I'm looking forward to another great year! And now, on we go:
Let's start with JANUARY SHALL WE?
- I launched this bish! WHO IS APNEET was born.
- I visited Detroit for the first time and both lost my mind + fell in love with the city.
- My beautiful friend Liz invited me out Greenport, Long Island, where we collaborated on a couple of blog posts featuring wares from her store, The Times Vintage.
- I also got a chance to return home to California and visit my old stomping grounds!
- Big Sur was a trip, so I wrote this.
- My good friend Adam wrote a letter to the editor on social media and friendship, read it here because he's smart.
- I was commissioned for a piece by H&M Life Magazine, a great highlight and awesome way to start the year!
- Big changes in my friend circle, but we are closer than ever since lovers Liz & Will went off to fulfil their #farmlife dreams
- Rad, bad sock brand STANCE interviewed me on being a bad ass. Haha. Pretty much.
- I became CAT Footwear's Guest Editor for their Spring collection! Lensed by Scott Brasher of course.
- Again I got the chance to go back to California and spend some time seaside.
- Had the honor of being named a "Top 100 Style Blogger" by INSPIRED.
- A reader wrote in with questions about journalism and blogging, and I answered them in a Letter to the Editor entitled "Getting Your Start in Journalism".
- I got to work an amazing project with one of my favorite brands growing up, ELEMENT!!!!
- Here's a post about Darjeeling because I'm a tea lover forever and always.
- I got a pair of badddd a$$$$ Harley Davidson cowboy boots, now if only I could have a hog to go along with that!
- Here's more of that treehouse I was talking about.
- "Schoolgirl Twist" outfit
- After years of shooting film I finally joined Lomography and started an analog-only blog on their platform.
- Linked up with Refinery 29 and Ann Taylor for this awesome Fall collaboration!
- After editing and editing my iPhone apps I found the perfect ones to suit my student lifestyle.
- Lomography Magazine featured me as a popular user blog, and I also published my first story in the magazine as well!
- This was definitely a HIGHLIGHT of the year. Refinery 29 put me in a book! I'm so honored to be featured alongside some amazing fashionable ladies, including a VS Angel. WTF?
- Ahhhhhh holy crap Brooklyn Magazine named me as one of the top 50 most style people in Brooklyn. Thank you <#33
- I got to meet and shoot some awesome lady skaters thanks to my friends at Browntourage.
- Anne Klein took myself and two other rad bloggers upstate for a couple of days of shooting. The experience was spectacular and the scenery something I won't forget.
- I got to collaborate with Nais on a special project entitled The Black Series!
- Nylon Magazine asked me to style up a holiday outfit with XOXO pieces, and I LOVED how the ensemble came together!
That was an awesome walk down memory lane. I'm so thankful to have had an incredible year. I'm wondering how I can possibly top myself next year, or what challenges and blessings it may bring. Cheers to 2014,