This week I officially went back to school for the Fall semester, which means it's an opportune time to recap the summer. It's been a swell few months of sun.. Where to start?
Firstly, bodily harm:
- Emergency tooth extraction - planning on going to Brooklyn charm & putting it on a necklace
- Sprained ankle - try and skate the Manhattan bridge at night like an asshole
- Concussion - don't add a board to whiskey hangs, EVER
And then shit got bananas:
- Ended up in an underground biker lounge one night off the Morgan stop, but more on this later
- Got six new tattoos thanks to my dude Pete Chile
- Speaking of which, I have another appointment coming up!
- I started drinking matcha and it is AMAZING, pretty much life changing
- Still working on getting my motorcycle license, hope to be riding by October
- Ran through the fountain in Washington Square park at 4AM sans clothing... carrying a cactus, don't judge me just picture it and laugh
But really, some things I learned this summer:
- When you wake up thinking you have a massive hangover and it turns out to be a head injury, you may be living a little too hard.
- Fall is here and that means books, tea, and studying music. It's a welcome change in weather and mindset as I shift back from ridiculous person to normal human.
- I like mushrooms! I've hated them all my life but now I'm a fan- does that make me an adult?